Recently Turkish Cargo is facing increasining amount of fines from Authorities mostly due to below listed irregularities. These irregualirties are mostly rooted from Forwarder and GHA part.
- Message irregularities e.g. incomplete and/or incorrect format messages.
- incomplete/invalid data shown on AWB hardcopy
- Other operational mistakes ( some examples have been shared below )
Especially the irregularities on electronic messages sent to final destination leads to delay on delivery of shipments at destination and huge fines.
The settlement and payment of these fines are currently done by Turkish Cargo.
As of publish of this message , Turkish Cargo will specify the responsible party for irregularity and the fines will be debited back to responsible party.
Please see the action list for minimizing the irregularities to avoid fines .
- Parties must ensure the Names and contact information of Shipper & Consignee communicated correctly, clearly and complete both on AWB and at messages. This information must be checked well at all AWB acceptance points prior to accept AWB.
- Please avoid acceptance of AWB with nature of goods that violates Customs regulations.
- For Consolidated shipments HAWB information must be provided well and complete. Names and contact information of Shipper & Consignee must be communicated correctly, clearly and complete both on AWB and at messages. The pieces and weight on HAWB must match with MAWB.
- Parties must ensure MAWB and HAWB labels affixed on cargo outer surface well.