TK COURIER - Prohibited and Restricted Consignments
Our Incorporation has prohibitions and restrictions on TK Courier shipments due to the nature of courier shipments. While creating these rules, the following items were taken as principle.
- The main reasons for the restrictions are the safe and secure operational functioning of the TK Courier service and the safe delivery of the shipments to the consignee.
- All customs restrictions in prohibited and restricted shipments are under the responsibility of the shipper/agent. The carrier is not responsible for any sanctions arising from the customs/legal restrictions in the country of departure or destination due to the content of the product.
- In the acceptance of cargo and documents of all TK Courier shipments, the TK Courier Prohibited and Restricted Shipment Declaration Form included in ANNEX-1 must be submitted to the Cargo and Documents Admission Department.
Turkish Cargo reserves the right to change and update prohibited and restricted shipments without making any declaration. The shipper and/or sender agent will be held responsible for all problems arising from incomplete and incorrect statements. These prohibitions and restrictions are listed below.
TK Courier Prohibited Items
Courier bags containing prohibited items will be rejected as whole courier bags at the cargo acceptance stage. Therefore, please consult the customer representative under which service your shipment with the status stated below can be transported.
- Valuable cargo, Works of Art
- Dangerous Goods (All dangerous goods within the scope of IATA DGR, including exceptional quantities of dangerous goods, suspicious items must be proved “not dangerous” by submitting MSDS.)
- Live Animals
- Dead animals and objects, unprocessed animal objects
- Live plants, cut flowers
- Perishable cargoes that are temperature sensitive,
- Cargoes containing dry ice (except UN 3373 Category B)
- Wet, spoiled or odor-emitting packages
- Firearms or objects containing explosives
- Tobacco and tobacco products
- Sensitive and fragile shipments
- Human Remains
- Products prohibited to be transported as courier in accordance with the legislation of departure, transit and destination countries and/or stations.
TK Courier Restricted Items
Shipments that is within the scope of TK Courier restricted products should not be in the same courier bag as shipments that are not prohibited or restricted in acceptance. Each restricted shipment must be placed in the same courier bag as the shipment in its restriction class, not exceeding the limits, and an MSDS form must be submitted for the relevant courier bag. Otherwise, the courier bag with restricted shipment will not be accepted.
1-Non-DG Status Liquids
- A courier bag must not contain a liquid or fluid substance (cream, gel, etc.) that does not exceed 5 liters in total, provided that it does not exceed 1 liter per piece.
- The parts inside the courier bag should be securely sealed, packed with a sealed package, absorbent pads should be placed around each package, and the whole package should also be placed in the cardboard box to prevent the liquid from coming out of the cardboard box.
- The "Hold Upright" and "Wet Cargo" labels must be visibly affixed on the courier bag. Make sure the courier bag is intact. A "hold upright" label should be used in the direction where the liquid content should be kept upright in case of leakage. The respective courier bag must be supported by absorbent pads.
- Shipments containing non-dangerous liquids cannot be contained in the same courier bag as other shipments. If there are shipments with non-dangerous liquid content and non-restricted shipments in the same courier bag, the relevant courier bag will not be accepted. It should be ensured that only items containing liquids are collected in a separate courier bag.
- MSDS form of all liquid substances must be presented with the relevant courier bag at the time of acceptance of goods, and the relevant agency must submit a written document (ANNEX-1) stating that the packaging is made in accordance with the requirements for sending liquid content by TK Courier.
- Cargo and Document Admission Department reserves the right not to accept a courier bag containing liquid if it deems necessary.
2-Equipment Containing Lithium Batteries
- Provided that each lithium ion / metal batteries in an equipment are less than 20wh / 1 gram per cell, less than 100wh / 2 grams per battery, does not exceed 4 cells or 2 battery in total per piece and the total battery amount does not exceed 5 kg in a courier bag, transportation can take place under TK Courier without being covered in IATA DGR.
- IATA regulations are essential for the requirements of UN3481 / PI 967 Part II, UN3091 / PI 970 Part II.
- Courier bag containing lithium ion batteries in acceptable conditions, all packages under “Lithium ion batteries packed with equipment” require the UN3481 / PI 967 Part II, UN3091 / PI 970 Part II Lithium battery mark. Also, the package should be marked as “P.I. 967-II. " or “P.I. 970-II”.
- Shipments containing lithium ion / metal batteries cannot be contained in the same courier bag as other shipments. If there are shipments containing lithium batteries and non-restricted shipments in the same courier bag, the relevant courier bag will not be accepted. It should be ensured that only devices containing lithium batteries are collected in a separate courier bag.
- MSDS form or “Shipper’s Declaration for Section II Lithium Cells / Batteries” of all shipments containing lithium-ion batteries must be presented with the relevant courier bag at the time of acceptance of goods, and the relevant agency must submit a written document (ANNEX-1) stating that the packaging is made in accordance with the terms of sending lithium ion / metal batteries by TK Courier.
- Cargo and Documentation Department has the right not to accept the courier bag containing Lithium Battery if it deems necessary.
- Category B infectious material must be packaged using appropriate UN shipping packaging (UN 3373 BIOLOGICAL SUBSTANCE, CATEGORY B (Figure 1 contains UN number and classification).
- Samples are in suitable, robust and leak-proof primary containers (e.g. capped tube).
- The primary container should be placed in a robust and sealed secondary container (e.g. a sealed bio-bag). Sealed/secure bags should be used to prevent the contents from leaking during transport. Suitable absorbent material (e.g. blue roll) should be placed inside the bag.
- The bag should then be placed in the tertiary package (e.g. fiberboard box). All material must be fixed to prevent movement.
- Biological samples cannot be contained in the same courier bag as other shipments. If there are biological samples and non-restricted shipments in the same courier bag, the relevant courier bag will not be accepted. It should be ensured that only biological sample shipments are collected in a separate courier bag.
- MSDS form of all biological samples should be presented with the relevant courier bag at the time of acceptance of goods, and the relevant agency should submit a written document (ANNEX-1) stating that the packaging is made in accordance with the requirements of sending biological samples by TK Courier.
- The Cargo and Document Admission Department reserves the right not to accept a courier bag containing biological samples if it deems necessary.
3.1. Dry Ice
- Perishable cargo is not accepted under the TK Courier service. Cargoes with temperature sensitivity (except biological samples) cannot benefit from this service.
- If dry ice is with biological samples the expression “UN 1845 Carbon Dioxide, solid (or Dry Ice)” should be stated on the AWB.
- The courier bag containing dry ice must be supported by a second gas permeable package. The package size should be designed in such a way that the internal pressure prevents the package from bursting when dry ice becomes gas. The amount of dry ice and the statement “UN 1845 Carbon Dioxide, solid (or Dry Ice)” must be clearly written on the courier bag.
All commercial samples are accepted under the TK Courier Prohibited and Restricted Items rules.
Liquids non-DG Substance Status:
- Hold Upright
- UN 3373
- UN 1845 (If contains Dry Ice)
Equipment with Lithium Batteries: